The VetMAX™-Gold AIV Detection Kit (Avian Influenza Virus RNA Test Kit) is a highly sensitive, qualitative, one-step, real-time RT-PCR assay to detect Avian Influenza Virus (AIV) RNA isolated from poultry (chicken/turkey) oropharyngeal/tracheal swab samples.
Features of the kit include:
• The first AIV PCR solution approved by the US Department of Agriculture
• Detects two sequences coding for viral matrix and one sequence coding for nucleoprotein
• Single well/tube, RT-PCR assay
The VetMAX™-Gold AIV Detection Kit is a screening tool that detects sequences representing portions of the viral matrix (two distinct targets) and nucleoprotein (one target). These are genes that are common to all AIV subtypes and found on viral RNA extracted from poultry samples.
The assay is a single-well/tube, real-time RT-PCR assay in which RNA is reverse-transcribed into cDNA, and AIV and Xeno™ RNA targets are amplified and detected in real time using fluorescent TaqMan® probes (hydrolysis probe chemistry). The kit includes:
• Influenza Virus-Xeno™ RNA Control Mix: serves as a positive control for the real-time RT-PCR components and used to set the cycle threshold (CT) for evaluating test results
• Xeno™ RNA Control: serves as an internal positive control for the RNA purification process and used to monitor for the presence of PCR inhibitors
• Influenza Virus Primer Probe Mix: for optimized multiplex real-time RT-PCR amplification of Xeno™ RNA Control and AIV RNA targets
Note: the kit is not intended for differentiating AIV subtypes.
AIV is an enveloped, negative-sense RNA virus of the genus influenzavirusA and family Orthomyxoviridae. AIV subtypes are defined by the surface glycoproteins hemagglutinin and neuraminidase. Low pathogenic avian influenza (LPAI) strains exist in avian reservoir hosts and can be transmitted to poultry. H5 and H7 subtypes of LPAI strains are unique in their capability to undergo host adaptation and to evolve into highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI). HPAI viral infections arise de novo in poultry infected with LPAI H5 and H7 subtypes and become rapidly fatal due to an overwhelming systemic collapse.
Within the U.S., laboratories must receive authorization from their state veterinarian prior to ordering and using this kit for the diagnosis of myobacterium avium spp. paratuberculosis. Similar product use restrictions may exist in other countries, at the discretion of the relevant veterinary authority.
Contents & storage
2X Multiplex RT-PCR Buffer
Multiplex RT-PCR Enzyme Mix
Influenza Virus Primer Probe Mix
Xeno™ RNA Control (10,000 copies/μL)
Influenza Virus-Xeno™ RNA Control Mix (1000 copies/μL)